Current Affairs 2018 March 9 – Daily updates
Current Affairs 2018 March 9: Here, in this page, we will be listing the current affairs section-wise for your easy understanding and effective learning purpose.
National News – Indian Affairs
The India-Bangladesh bond is dominated by domestic compulsions.
- West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee opposed Indo-Bangladesh bond fearing of irrigation implications.
Karnataka government unveils state flag, awaits Centre’s approval.
- Siddaramaiah on Thursday unveiled the state flag of Karnataka and it is said to be a historic decision
On Women’s day, the government launches biodegradable sanitary pads for Rs. 2.50.
- A biodegradable sanitary pad ‘Suvidha‘ was launched by the government to mark International Women’s Day for just Rs.2.50
Two TDP ministers resign from Modi govt over Andhra special status issue.
- Telugu Desam Party ministers Ashok Gajapathi Raju and YS Chowdary of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government resigned on Thursday.
The UK claims release of secret 1980s files may prejudice ties with India.
- In 1984, The UK authorities the operation Blue Star which could prejudice relations with India.
International Affairs – Current Affairs 2018 March 9
Rahul Gandhi visits Netaji memorial in Singapore.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi made a visit to the iconic INA memorial in Singapore and also paid homage to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
India to rebuild 50,000 houses in Nepal damaged by 2015 earthquake.
- 50,000 houses in Nepal will be built and India helped to build them which were damaged during 2015 earthquake
Indian volunteer Srishti Bakshi wins Commonwealth Point of Light award.
- On this day, Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II recognised Srishti Bakshi from India as the 26th Commonwealth Point of Light in honour.
Microsoft to discontinue Windows 10 S for a new ‘S Mode’.
- Microsoft will discontinue Windows “10 S” – the latest version of flagship OS.
Former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick to launch investment fund called ‘10100’.
- The former Uber chief executive Travis Kalanick announced that he is going to start an investment fund called 10100.
The solar coalition is to unveil $700 million of projects.
- To support the use of solar power, a global coalitionis expected to announce a slew of projects worth about #700 milliion
India B beat Karnataka to lift Deodhar Trophy.
- India beats Karnataka by six wickets in Deodhar Trophy final at the Himachal Pradesh (HP) Cricket Association Stadium.
Minerva Punjab wins maiden I-League title.
- Minerva Punjab FC got the better of Churchill Brothers 1-0 to win the I-League title.
Bhubaneswar to host the inaugural edition of Super Cup.
- The Super Cup inaugural edition will be played at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar starting on 15th of March. Check here for the current affairs details
Current Affairs 2018 March 9 – Latest events
Stay in connected with egovtrecruitment.com to get the latest affairs date-wise. Also, we have separate pages for Exam dates, Admit card, answer key, Previous papers and syllabus of course. This will allow you to prepare in a better way for the exams and present it in a very good way. Check here for the current affairs Updates 2018